How do you search a Scrivener project? Sure, you can search for text, but you can also search for project status, synopsis, keywords, labels, and more. Laura Bergells shows you how.
- [Instructor] How many times did I use the word…spokesperson in my crisis communication course?…To find out, I'll enter the word spokesperson…in this search bar at the top left above the binder.…We can see the search results to the left of the screen…and you'll see every single document…where I wrote the word spokesperson.…And as I click through each of these documents,…we can see the word spokesperson has been highlighted…so that it'll be easy for me to spot.…That's how you do a general search.…
Now, let's take a look at some more specific settings…of the search bar.…By clicking on the dropdown next to this magnifying glass,…you can limit your search to specific areas…like title, text, notes, synopsis, and the like,…so let's try another search example.…Suppose I want to review a list of my documents…that I still have marked as to do in my status settings.…From the dropdown list, I'll select Status.…
And now that I've selected Status,…you'll see that there is nothing in my search results.…That's because the word spokesperson isn't a status.…
- Navigating the interface
- Creating a new project
- Merging documents
- Keeping track of characters and locations
- Exploring writing tools
- Managing footnotes, comments, and annotations
- Reviewing project and text statistics
- Exporting files
- Compiling as an ebook using presets
- Tips for sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
InDesign: Creating Long Documentswith Mike Rankin4h 23m Intermediate
1. Navigate Scrivener
2. Plan a New Project
3. Research Your Project
4. Write Your Project
5. Review and Edit Your Project
6. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.