Use the Revision mode in Scrivener. It changes the color of your text, so you can keep track of what version of edits you're working on. Laura Bergells shows you how.
- [Narrator] One way to track changes in Scrivener…is to use Revisions Mode.…Scrivener's Revision Mode will let you track…anything you add, but it won't track anything you delete.…Scrivener uses different colors to track additions.…This can help you quickly spot…multiple text additions to your project.…Let me show you what I mean.…To turn on Revision mode, go to Format,…then hover over Revision Mode.…Let me select First.…I'm going to click OK and we're going to see a little flash…that tells us we're in Revision Mode,…and now I'm going to start typing.…
You see, everything I write now is in a red font.…Next, I'll go to Format and then do Revision Mode again.…This time, I'll select second revision and start typing.…You can see, it's blue, it means it's a second revision.…And you can go on in this manner…for up to five levels of revisions.…If I want to remove a color from a single revision,…I can select it,…go to Revision Mode,…and select Remove Revisions.…
If I want to remove only my current revision color,…I would need to select Remove Current Revision Color.…
- Navigating the interface
- Creating a new project
- Merging documents
- Keeping track of characters and locations
- Exploring writing tools
- Managing footnotes, comments, and annotations
- Reviewing project and text statistics
- Exporting files
- Compiling as an ebook using presets
- Tips for sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Intermediate
InDesign: Creating Long Documentswith Mike Rankin4h 30m Intermediate
1. Navigate Scrivener
2. Plan a New Project
3. Research Your Project
4. Write Your Project
5. Review and Edit Your Project
6. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.