How do you use the Inspector panel in Scrivener? Laura Bergells takes you on a tour of the Inspector panel, so you can get a glimpse of its power and functionality.
- [Instructor] The Inspector is a powerful area.…It lets you review, manage, and even adjust many key areas…of your work.…Instead of doing a deep dive…into each of its functional areas,…I'm going to give you a broad overview.…You'll become more deeply involved with the Inspector…as you work on your project, but for right now,…let's catch a glimpse of its possibilities.…To the upper right, you'll see a lowercase i…in a blue circle.…This is the Inspector icon.…Clicking on it will open and close the Inspector panel.…
The panel appears to the far right of the screen.…At the top of your Inspector panel, you'll see five icons.…Each of these icons reveals key details about your document.…Let's take a peek at each.…The first icon shows the synopsis in index-card form.…If you want to edit it, you can do it…right within the Inspector…and it will automatically update in the corkboard.…Below the synopsis area,…you can see any notes you jotted down for this document.…
For web pages, I tend to write meta descriptions here.…For videos, I might jot down production notes.…
- Navigating the interface
- Creating a new project
- Merging documents
- Keeping track of characters and locations
- Exploring writing tools
- Managing footnotes, comments, and annotations
- Reviewing project and text statistics
- Exporting files
- Compiling as an ebook using presets
- Tips for sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
InDesign: Creating Long Documentswith Mike Rankin4h 23m Intermediate
1. Navigate Scrivener
2. Plan a New Project
3. Research Your Project
4. Write Your Project
5. Review and Edit Your Project
6. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.