Share snippets of your work in Scrivener on social media. Scrivener lets you post work directly to Twitter, Facebook, email, and more. Laura Bergells shows you how to tweet from the Scrivener interface.
- [Instructor] Let's say I wrote a line…I think is tweet-worthy.…I can select the line I like.…I'm going to check to make sure that it's under 140 characters.…Oh yeah, it's 64; I'll be okay to tweet this.…So I'm going to click out of that.…I'll select it again.…And this time I'll right-click and select Share.…As I hover over it, we can see I have four choices,…email, messages, Twitter, and Facebook.…I'm going to select Twitter.…At this point, I can click Post,…and it'll go straight to Twitter.…
For social sharing to work,…you actually have to set up your various accounts…so Scrivener will recognize them.…Let's say I want to share this work on Facebook.…This time I'll right-click, select Share,…and then go to Facebook.…Scrivener tells me to add my account,…so I'll click Add Account.…And Scrivener will walk me through the account setup,…telling me to enter my username and password.…After I do, I would be ready to share my work on Facebook.…
These share features might be especially helpful…if you're using Scrivener for corporate content projects.…
- Navigating the interface
- Creating a new project
- Merging documents
- Keeping track of characters and locations
- Exploring writing tools
- Managing footnotes, comments, and annotations
- Reviewing project and text statistics
- Exporting files
- Compiling as an ebook using presets
- Tips for sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Intermediate
InDesign: Creating Long Documentswith Mike Rankin4h 30m Intermediate
1. Navigate Scrivener
2. Plan a New Project
3. Research Your Project
4. Write Your Project
5. Review and Edit Your Project
6. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.