How do you set document word count targets in Scrivener? Why would you want to? Laura Bergells shows you how to set document word count targets. She also explains how word count targets motivate her to keep writing.
- [Narrator] I regularly set document word count targets.…It lets me turn writing into a bit of a game.…To set document word count targets,…click this little icon in the lower right corner…of the footer, in editor view.…It will look either like a bulls-eye…or a colored thermometer.…Here it's presented as a bulls-eye.…I'll click it, and here I can set a target…for this document alone.…For example, I aim to keep each online video script…I write between 300 and 500 words.…
So, I'll set a word target of 500 for this document.…I'll set a minimum word count target of 300.…If my editor is really strict about…not going over 500 words, I can select overrun allowances,…and I'll set it for zero, no allowances.…I can set target notifications.…This gives you a little pop up window and a noise.…I'm going to leave that off, you can turn it on…if you wish.…I'm going to click "ok" now, so you can see…what happens next.…
If I'm an editor I can simply glance down at the footer,…to see my progress as I write.…In "Defining Crisis" I can see I went a little…
- Navigating the interface
- Creating a new project
- Merging documents
- Keeping track of characters and locations
- Exploring writing tools
- Managing footnotes, comments, and annotations
- Reviewing project and text statistics
- Exporting files
- Compiling as an ebook using presets
- Tips for sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
InDesign: Creating Long Documentswith Mike Rankin4h 23m Intermediate
1. Navigate Scrivener
2. Plan a New Project
3. Research Your Project
4. Write Your Project
5. Review and Edit Your Project
6. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.