How do you use footnotes and comments within Scrivener? What's the difference between an inline footnote and regular footnote? Laura Bergells shows you what each look like and how they work.
- [Instructor] Until I started using Scrivener,…dealing with footnotes, comments, and annotations…was something of a hassle, but Scrivener's Inspector panel,…coupled with colorful inline annotations and borders,…makes the process easier to manage.…Let me quickly show you to display differences…between comments, inline annotations, footnotes,…and inline footnotes.…First, make sure your Inspector is open,…and we do that by clicking the eye to the upper right.…Next, make sure that the last icon is selected.…
This is your Comments & Footnotes area.…Next, let's take a look at these four sentences.…I'll insert a footnote, comment, or annotation,…depending on the sentence.…For a comment, I'll place my cursor…at the end of the sentence.…Next, I'll select Insert, and then Comment.…Immediately, in the Inspector panel,…we get a comment notation,…and I can type in whatever I like here.…
I can even get rid of my name and my timestamp if I wish.…Next, let's look at inline annotation.…Once again, I'll place my cursor at the end of the sentence.…
- Navigating the interface
- Creating a new project
- Merging documents
- Keeping track of characters and locations
- Exploring writing tools
- Managing footnotes, comments, and annotations
- Reviewing project and text statistics
- Exporting files
- Compiling as an ebook using presets
- Tips for sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
InDesign: Creating Long Documentswith Mike Rankin4h 30m Intermediate
1. Navigate Scrivener
2. Plan a New Project
3. Research Your Project
4. Write Your Project
5. Review and Edit Your Project
6. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.