How do you insert a table into Scrivener? Add rows and columns? Enter information into a table? Adjust cells and borders? Laura Bergells gives you a quick rundown of working with tables in Scrivener.
- [Instructor] When you need to present your work…in rows and columns, try inserting a table…in your Scrivener document.…Here's how:…Place your cursor where you want your table to appear.…Select Insert from the Scrivener toolbar.…And then select Add Table.…Boom.…There you have it, a 3 x 2 table.…Three columns, two rows.…And you'll probably need to adjust this table…to suit your specific needs,…and you can do so from this pop up window…that appeared when you inserted your table.…
You have all kinds of opportunities…to make adjustments.…First, click somewhere within your table…and add columns and rows as you need them.…And as you do this, you see that this is grayed out,…so I would need to adjust the borders…by selecting them and then selecting Cell Border Color.…You can also nest tables, adjust alignment,…adjust cell border and background,…all your basic options for adjusting a table…are readily available.…At any time, you can enter data…into each cell of your table.…
And you do this by clicking from one cell…to the other with your mouse.…
- Navigating the interface
- Creating a new project
- Merging documents
- Keeping track of characters and locations
- Exploring writing tools
- Managing footnotes, comments, and annotations
- Reviewing project and text statistics
- Exporting files
- Compiling as an ebook using presets
- Tips for sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
InDesign: Creating Long Documentswith Mike Rankin4h 30m Intermediate
1. Navigate Scrivener
2. Plan a New Project
3. Research Your Project
4. Write Your Project
5. Review and Edit Your Project
6. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.