Discover how to fix common formatting issues you might make while working on a Scrivener project. Laura Bergells shows you her top three bad typing habits and how to lessen their negative impact.
- [Instructor] Before you compile your work,…you'll want to fix any formatting errors you may have made.…I often find showing invisibles to be helpful as I write.…It lets me catch formatting errors…so I can clean things up as I work.…If you find viewing invisibles helpful,…you might want to leave them on.…To turn on invisibles,…go to View then Text Editing…then Show Invisibles.…But, there's an easier way to do it that I like.…I like customizing my toolbar.…
I put Show Invisibles in my toolbar…so that I can click it on and off.…Now, if you don't have any bad writing or formatting habits,…the Show Invisibles option may not be for you,…but if you find formatting issues…when you go to compile your work,…at the very least, try showing invisibles to investigate…what might be causing your issues.…In my experience, I've found that cleaning up…three common writing mistakes…takes care of almost all my most vexing compiling issues.…Let me show you what I mean.…
Here, I'm going to show you a sample document…where I used all three of my bad formatting habits.…
- Navigating the interface
- Creating a new project
- Merging documents
- Keeping track of characters and locations
- Exploring writing tools
- Managing footnotes, comments, and annotations
- Reviewing project and text statistics
- Exporting files
- Compiling as an ebook using presets
- Tips for sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
InDesign: Creating Long Documentswith Mike Rankin4h 23m Intermediate
1. Navigate Scrivener
2. Plan a New Project
3. Research Your Project
4. Write Your Project
5. Review and Edit Your Project
6. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.