How do you customize the Scrivener toolbar? Why would you even want to? Laura Bergells customizes the Scrivener toolbar at different stages of her project. She shows you how and why.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at the Scrivener toolbar.…I'll describe the toolbar lightly,…knowing you'll become more deeply familiar with it…as you work on your project.…At the top of the screen below the menu bar,…you'll see Scrivener's toolbar.…The toolbar's default contains 15 elements across the top,…one, two, three, well, just trust me, there's 15.…If you're new to Scrivener,…you'll want to start by customizing this toolbar's look…and to do this, right click on any blank area like this…or this in the toolbar and then click Customize Toolbar.…
At the bottom left where it says Show Icon Only,…to start out, you might want to select Icon and Text.…That will put a little text notation…underneath each of the icons.…If you're new to Scrivener,…you're going to find those to be really helpful.…Beyond these 15 default toolbar elements,…Scrivener will also give you a wealth of other functions…that you can simply drag to your toolbar…or you can even get rid of them…by dragging them off the toolbar.…
Until you start working in Scrivener though,…
- Navigating the interface
- Creating a new project
- Merging documents
- Keeping track of characters and locations
- Exploring writing tools
- Managing footnotes, comments, and annotations
- Reviewing project and text statistics
- Exporting files
- Compiling as an ebook using presets
- Tips for sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
InDesign: Creating Long Documentswith Mike Rankin4h 23m Intermediate
1. Navigate Scrivener
2. Plan a New Project
3. Research Your Project
4. Write Your Project
5. Review and Edit Your Project
6. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.