How do you create and use collections in Scrivener? What's the difference between a search collection and a standard collection? Laura Bergells shows how she uses Scrivener collections.
- [Speaker] Collections give you an easy way…to review related documents…from different parts of your project.…For example, if you're writing a novel that's being told…from many points of view, you might create…a standard collection of all the documents…that share the point of view of each character.…This helps you check for consistency,…or, if you're writing a novel that jumps back and forth…in time, you might want a collection…to review the consistency of your timeline.…Let me show you how to make a collection.…
Click on "view" in the Scrivener toolbar,…and then "show collections".…Scrivener lets you make two types of collections:…a search collection, and a standard collection.…In a search collection, you search for a word.…For example, let's search for spokesperson.…You'll see every document where I used…that word in the search result folder.…If I want to save this search as a collection,…I can click the magnifying glass in the search bar,…go to the bottom, select "save search as collection",…and I can choose to name it "spokesperson" and click "OK".…
- Navigating the interface
- Creating a new project
- Merging documents
- Keeping track of characters and locations
- Exploring writing tools
- Managing footnotes, comments, and annotations
- Reviewing project and text statistics
- Exporting files
- Compiling as an ebook using presets
- Tips for sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
InDesign: Creating Long Documentswith Mike Rankin4h 23m Intermediate
1. Navigate Scrivener
2. Plan a New Project
3. Research Your Project
4. Write Your Project
5. Review and Edit Your Project
6. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.