How do you compress a Scrivener project? Once it's zipped, how do you extract it? Laura Bergells shows you how to zip and unzip a Scrivener project to make it more portable and easier to store and share.
- [Instructor] You'll want to get into the habit…of routinely compressing your Scrivener project.…Compressing files not only gives you more protection…by backing up your work,…but it also makes your projects smaller…and easier to share and store.…To compress your Scrivener project,…click on File then click Back Up,…select Back Up To.…Select a location to save the backup file.…Right here, I'm going to keep it in the backup folder.…You can type a name for your project…and you can see by default Scrivener uses my project name.…
It also added the date.…You can change this if you wish…and name it whatever you like.…For this example, I'll keep the default name.…Next, I'll check the Back Up As Zip option…and then I'll click Save.…And just like that, it's zipped.…And now that it is, it's more portable.…I can say email it as an attachment…or make it available to you as an exercise file.…If you want to open this file,…you'll have to have Scrivener installed on your computer.…
Get into the habit of routinely creating compressed files.…
- Navigating the interface
- Creating a new project
- Merging documents
- Keeping track of characters and locations
- Exploring writing tools
- Managing footnotes, comments, and annotations
- Reviewing project and text statistics
- Exporting files
- Compiling as an ebook using presets
- Tips for sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
InDesign: Creating Long Documentswith Mike Rankin4h 23m Intermediate
1. Navigate Scrivener
2. Plan a New Project
3. Research Your Project
4. Write Your Project
5. Review and Edit Your Project
6. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.