Use the Scrivener presets to compile your project as a PDF document. Laura Bergells shows you how to compile your work as a manuscript: one in Times font and one in Courier font.
- [Instructor] Let's compile this project as a PDF.…We'll use Scrivener's preset compilation options.…I'm going to hit Compile in the Scrivener tool bar.…Here's my Compile Dialog box.…I'm going to select PDF from the Compile For drop down.…Next in the Formats panel,…I'm going to select Manuscript in Times.…I'm going to go to the right panel.…Here I can see all the sections…and documents I'm choosing to compile.…
If I don't want some sections or documents…to show up in my PDF,…I can click them on or click them off.…And here's a tip,…if you want to make sure everything is selected,…you can click on any of the choices…while holding down your Alt key.…This toggles everything on and off, like so.…Let me select everything,…then deselect my Room Tone and Blank.…Next I'll hit Compile.…I get to choose what to name my file,…and where to save it.…
I'm also going to choose to open it in Preview,…then I'll hit Export.…Here's my entire project in a PDF document.…Instead of Calibri my working font,…it's compiled in Times font.…I'm going to click out of this and return…
- Navigating the interface
- Creating a new project
- Merging documents
- Keeping track of characters and locations
- Exploring writing tools
- Managing footnotes, comments, and annotations
- Reviewing project and text statistics
- Exporting files
- Compiling as an ebook using presets
- Tips for sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
InDesign: Creating Long Documentswith Mike Rankin4h 23m Intermediate
1. Navigate Scrivener
2. Plan a New Project
3. Research Your Project
4. Write Your Project
5. Review and Edit Your Project
6. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.