How do you add templates in Scrivener? Scrivener comes with a variety of built in templates, but you can add more. Laura Bergells shows you how to add and delete templates in your Scrivener start panel.
- [Instructor] Scrivener provides you with…a variety of templates for Fiction, Non-fiction,…Scriptwriting, and Miscellaneous Works.…But it also lets you import other templates…you might find useful.…For example, I like to write 750 words…every morning in my journal.…It's a personal habit that many writers use…as a warmup exercise for the day.…I like to write my morning pages in Scrivener.…I figured other writers might want to do this too.…So I made a template freely available to others…as a download at my blog and I've also included it…here in this course in the exercise files…so you can learn how to add a template.…
Let's take a look at the template I created.…It's in your exercise folder and I called it Morning Pages.…To use it, I'm going to begin a new project in Scrivener.…I'm here in the start panel…and toward the bottom you'll see Options.…I'll click on it and scroll down…to where it says Import Templates.…I'll click on it, and this opens up my Exercise folder.…I'll find my Morning Pages Scrivener template,…
- Navigating the interface
- Creating a new project
- Merging documents
- Keeping track of characters and locations
- Exploring writing tools
- Managing footnotes, comments, and annotations
- Reviewing project and text statistics
- Exporting files
- Compiling as an ebook using presets
- Tips for sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Intermediate
InDesign: Creating Long Documentswith Mike Rankin4h 30m Intermediate
1. Navigate Scrivener
2. Plan a New Project
3. Research Your Project
4. Write Your Project
5. Review and Edit Your Project
6. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.