This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to record, edit, and share a screencast on a Mac with ScreenFlow. No prior video editing experience is needed.
- [Instructor] This course is about creating, refining and sharing your own story as a movie using ScreenFlow. Now if you're new to creating screencast or just getting started, then you're in the right place. Now I'm gonna guide you through all of the essentials that you need to know. Step-by-step to successfully go from beginner to guru in no time. Now if you're more experienced with screencasting or media production, in general, perhaps you've used previous versions of ScreenFlow or other similar programs. Then this course is going to be perfect for you as well. Now if you fall into the seasoned pro category, then use the player controls to crank the speed up and skim through the course at your preferred faster pace.
And really pick up on all the pro tips and tricks for making ScreenFlow sing and dance. Now to complete this course, you'll need the latest copy of ScreenFlow, which you can download from telestream.net and a computer capable of running it. Download the app and install it like you would any other program for your Mac. Now I'd suggest a Mac with at least eight gigs of ram. But 16 or more would be ideal since when you're creating screencast, you need to run the ScreenFlow recorder and any additional programs that you'll be recording. So the more ram you have, the better.
Now ScreenFlow 8 requires MacOS Sierra 10.12 or newer. Now you also need a microphone to record your voice with and a good pair of headphones. Now recording and editing a screencast with ScreenFlow is very easy to quickly get a good quality movie out to the world. But if you want to take your story to the next level, then I'd suggest working through this entire course from start to finish to get a strong understanding of all the capabilities that ScreenFlow has to offer you. Watch each movie through, then replicate the steps on your own.
Use the learn by doing approach rather than just watching each movie to really lock these techniques into your mind. There are a lot of step to creating a fully polished professional looking and sounding screencast. And I'll walk you through each and every one of them in this course. Then as you begin working on your own movie project, use this course as a reference to review key topics and techniques as needed. Now after you share your story with the world, tweet me a link to it @csmattia so I can see what you've created.
You should also follow me on Twitter and here on LinkedIn as I often post new tips and tricks and answer questions through both platforms. Now throughout the course, we'll also touch on a few other apps that work really well with ScreenFlow such as Google Drive, Reflector, PowerPoint and Keynote that you may find useful throughout the recording and editing process but these are not required. Now I'll also be doing some demonstration recording using Photoshop but you can use any application that you want to record on your system.
Now ScreenFlow is an amazing tool for recording and editing screencast content such as all the video training that you see here in the online training library. However, ScreenFlow is also a great video editor by itself and throughout this course, I'm gonna teach you how to edit video like a pro. So let's dive in to recording, editing and sharing your story with ScreenFlow.
- Working with the ScreenFlow 8 user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Harnessing the power of styles
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Creating text and mobile touch annotations
- Exporting and sharing your movies