This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to record, edit, and share a screencast on a Mac with ScreenFlow. No prior video editing experience is needed.
- ScreenFlow is an application for recording, editing, and sharing movies from your Mac. It's specifically designed to produce screen recorded movies, commonly referred to as screencasts. This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to create screencasts on a Mac. You should know how to navigate around your Mac, open and close files, and other basic skills but you don't need to have any prior video editing experience. Every Mac that's been sold in recent history has a built-in microphone and speakers that you can use with this course.
If you have an external microphone, a good pair of headphones, a web cam, and a digital video camera, then grab them, because those certainly come in handy. In a later movie, we'll talk specifically about microphone choices that you may want to make. To follow along with me, you'll need to install a copy of ScreenFlow which we'll walk through together in the next chapter. We'll also walk through uploading movies to services such as Google Drive, YouTube, and other cloud services, so setting up free accounts on those services will be helpful for those movies, but they're not required.
Learning to record and edit your own screencast movies is a lot of fun and it's very rewarding but there are quite a few steps, especially in the editing phase. Therefore, if you're completely new to screencasting, then I'd suggest watching this entire course straight through from start to finish, then go back through it a second time and follow along with me step by step to really lock in your skills. This extra pass through the course will really solidify your foundation in the concepts and techniques of editing movies.
If you do have prior experience in screencasting, then the short format of this course should help bring you quickly up to date with a deep dive into the latest features of ScreenFlow and it'll really help you enhance the recording, editing, and sharing of your great content.
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.