Learn how to use the hidden recording monitor feature for powerusers that allows you to monitor your audio levels, preview your webcam, and iOS device, add markers during recording, and much more.
- [Instructor] As you move beyond making…basic screen recordings, you may find it helpful…to monitor the recording process more closely,…and there's a hidden tool in ScreenFlow…that allows you to do just that.…It's called the Recording Monitor.…To access it go up to your menu bar widget…and select Show Recording Monitor,…or if you've been following along…and you set the custom keyboard shortcut…that we added back in chapter one,…then you can press cmd + shift + m.…
The recording monitor gives you additional information…about your recording while you're recording.…This timer will start running when you press record,…so you always know how long a recording is lasting.…You have microphone levels indicators…so you can visually see at a glance…that your microphone is being captured,…and at what level.…There's also a button at the bottom…that allows you to add a marker during a recording.…But the real power of this window comes into play…when you're recording from additional devices.…
For example, if I plug my iPad in and select it…
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.