Markers are helpful during the editing process and can be exported as custom chapter makers for end users. Learn how to set timeline and clip markers, how to navigate the timeline using the keyboard to jump between markers, and how to use the hidden marker window.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about one of the…hidden gems of Screenflow, and that's markers.…If you're following along, I'm in the markers project.…Now, on the surface, markers act like…tiny notes to yourself that are attached…to either the timeline, or to a clip.…To add a timeline marker, you move your playhead…to a location where you want to add a marker,…then go up to the Mark menu,…down to Markers, and select Add, or press the "`" key.…The "`" key is usually the key…that's to the left of the number one key…on an American keyboard.…
It looks like a left single-quote.…When a marker is added, a popup menu appears…allowing you to name the marker.…I'll enter Intro Slide, to remind me to add one later.…Then, click the Create button to create the marker.…You can move your playhead down to where you see this…flat line in the audio waveform,…indicating a pause in the dialogue.…This is a good visual cue for a mistake,…and a possible edit point.…This time, I'll right or Control-click…in the timeline and select Add Marker.…
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.