Grouping and nesting clips allows you to make edits to multiple clips in your timeline at one time. Learn the difference between these two powerful features and why you would want to use one over the other.
- [Instructor] As you work through editing…your project, you'll find it helpful…to lock the relative arrangement of…clips together into a group or a nest.…If you're following along, I'm in the groups project.…Groups are used to temporarily lock…the relative location of clips on a…timeline to each other while nests are used to…make an editable connected clip out of the nested clips.…In this project, I've made some edits…that I want to move to another location…on the timeline but I don't want to…lose all of the precise work that…I've done to align these edits.…
This is a great use for a temporary group.…Begin by selecting all of the clips.…I'll do that by clicking on the first…clip, then hold down the Command key…on my keyboard, and then click on each…additional clip, one by one, until they are all selected.…Then go up to the edit menu and select…group, or press Command + G.…You might have noticed a brief flash…of the selected clips, otherwise,…nothing appears to have changed, but if…you click on the canvas work area…
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.