Learn how to take advantage of the exercise file included with this video training series on ScreenFlow. The exercise files allow you to follow along with Chris Mattia, step by step throughout this course.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files used throughout this course, then copy them to your Mac. I've placed mine on my desktop. The exercise files are arranged with one folder for each chapter in the course. You go into a chapter folder, you'll see a folder for each movie. Go into the movie, and you'll find all the files I'm working with for each movie. You should see an overlay appear on screen that looks something like this that shows you what's the full folder path and the full name of the file that I have open.
For some movies, I've included a second copy of the exercise file with an underscore END in the file name. This designates the ending state of the project for that movie. These can be helpful if you want to compare your edits with mine. Where appropriate, I've also included some additional files and folders that contain other files that I either use in the creation of the project file or that are used during the movie. Once ScreenFlow is installed on your computer, you can open the project file by double clicking it.
Project files do not continue from one movie to the next, so you should be sure to close each file at the end of each movie and then open the one for the next movie when you're following along. If you don't have access to the exercise files, you can still follow along with your own files. In the Getting Started and Recording chapters, you'll learn everything you need to know to create your own basic recording files that you can use to follow along with me.
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.