Learn how to use the chroma key filter to remove a green screen from live action footage and create a composite video where you float over the content. Plus, learn to leverage the chroma key filter to add custom motion graphics that seamlessly appear in your video
- [Instructor] There is one video filter…that literally stands alone.…That's the chroma key filter.…It's used for compositing green screen footage…with other content.…If you're following along,…I'm in the chroma key project,…where I have a short clip of footage…that was shot in from of my green screen.…Now the process of identifying a specific color or a chroma…and then removing that color…or perhaps more accurately,…rendering those pixels transparent,…is called pulling a chroma key,…or pulling a key for short.…The specific color that you use as your background…doesn't really matter as long as the color…is fairly uniform in intensity,…and generally doesn't appear in the other parts of the clip…that you want to keep.…
The bright green color…that has become commonly called chroma green…is used for two main reasons.…First this intense bright green…is not commonly found in most settings or clothing.…Secondly, modern digital cameras…are especially sensitive to the color green…due to the arrangement of color receptors…on the camera's chips.…
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.