Learn how to leverage the ScreenFlow menu bar widget to start and stop recording, access the recording monitor, and much more.
- [Instructor] A really handy feature of ScreenFlow…is this widget that appears up here in your menu bar.…The widget can be enabled and disabled from…the ScreenFlow preferences under the General tab…by checking the option for Show ScreenFlow…options in the menu bar.…You may need to turn it on if you've previously…turned it off.…Anytime ScreenFlow is running on your Mac,…this widget would be available to you.…You can use it to quickly start a screen recording,…pause a recording that's currently in progress,…and add a marker during a recording that'll automatically…be added to your timeline.…
You'll likely find this feature extremely helpful for…marking mistakes, or if you're recording a presentation…it's a great way to give yourself a little cue…in your timeline for a point that you may want to go back…and review in more detail later.…This option will automatically open the ScreenFlow…record window so you can adjust your recording settings.…The Show Recording Monitor feature is a fantastic tool…for keeping track of what's being recorded…
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.