- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, I'm Chris Mattia and welcome to ScreenFlow Essential Training. In this course you'll learn everything you need to know about how to record, edit, and share world-class screencast and instructional movies with ScreenFlow on the Mac. We'll begin with the essentials of the screencast production workflow, getting you oriented to ScreenFlow user interface and then guiding you through the process of choosing and calibrating your microphone, so that you can record, edit, and share your first screencast quickly.
We'll then take a deeper dive into the ScreenFlow recorder. I'll show you how to record your computer, iOS device, webcam, and one or more microphones in case you want to record a podcast with your friends. Next, I'll teach you the ins and outs of video editing. You'll learn to master the basics of editing as well as how to handle more complex edits that require masking, re-timing of footage, using nested clips, and how to edit audio like a pro. We'll then look at how to enhance your story by adding audio and video effects, such as the powerful Chroma Key Filter for green screen footage, using the advanced motion controls and fine-tuning your audio to make you sound your best.
We'll wrap up the editing sections by learning to create Callouts that enhance your screen and mobile device recordings. Finally, you'll learn how to share your movie with the world on services such as YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Google Drive, and create custom presets for exporting your work to professional editing programs like Premiere Pro CC, Avid, and Final Cut Pro X. If you want to learn how to make instructional screencasts, explainer videos, or you just want to take your YouTube channel to the next level, you won't want to miss a single movie of this course.
Let's get started.
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.