There are many times when its helpful in a screencast to speed up and slow down time. In this video, learn all of the hidden features of ScreenFlow to retime your footage to fit your story.
- [Instructor} Another common edit that you'll need to make…when editing screencast content…is to change a clip's speed…to be either faster or slower.…If you're following along,…I'm in the Retime Project.…Let's play a little bit of this clip back…to see what's going on.…[Clip Playback] Then when everything else is set,…click the install button in the lower right-hand corner…to install WordPress.…Installatron will then take over…and begin installing WordPress.…- [Instructor] In this first clip we show the user…how to install some software,…but rather than watching this whole section in real time,…we can speed this clip up…and the user will see the actions of the installer,…but not have to wait for it to complete.…
Begin by isolating the footage that you want to retime.…Select the video clip and then scrub back…to find the point when the install button is pressed.…For me, it's around 13 seconds and three frames.…Then with your scrubber at the start of the action,…press the T key to split the clip.…Then move your scrubber to the end of the action…
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.