ScreenFlow is a great application for recording your iOS device running iOS 8 or newer. In this video, learn the tricks to making a successful screencast to showcase your app in the App Store, or to demonstrate a technique for coworkers or students.
- [Instructor] You can record the screen…of an iOS device running iOS 8 or newer.…The device needs to be physically connected…to your Mac via a lightening cable…and it needs to be a device that you have authorized…to connect to your Mac.…From the new recording window,…the record iOS device is the option that you're looking for.…But initially, this option is grayed out…and the drop down menu says no available iOS devices.…But when you connect your device,…the drop down menu updates…to show the name that you've assigned to your device.…
And the check box becomes available.…Check the box and screen flow is ready…to begin recording your iOS device.…But before you begin recording,…make sure that your device is ready to be recorded.…The most important setting to make on your device…is to set the rotation of your device…before you begin recording.…Once recording begins,…avoid rotating your device.…My iPad is currently in the portrait view.…So I'll rotate my iPad over to the landscape view…for this recording.…
To make sure that your device…
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.