Learn all the hidden tricks to selecting a custom region or window of your screen to record with ScreenFlow.
- [Instructor] From the new record window…this first checkbox tells ScreenFlow…to record your entire screen.…If you have multiple displays,…the dropdown menu here…will allow you to select which display…that you want to record.…ScreenFlow will only allow you…to capture a recording from one Mac screen at a time.…Therefore, you're not able to record…two or more displays at the same time…or span a recording across multiple displays.…You can, however, select and record…a region of any of your screens.…
You do that by clicking on the region select tool…here in the bottom of the record window.…A highlighted record region…is surrounded by what I like to call…the marching ants.…You can reposition this region…by clicking and dragging the region…to a new location on your screen.…You can change the size of the region…by clicking and dragging from any of the corners…and adjusting the size…or by moving your mouse over one of the four edges…and wait for your cursor to change into a vertical bar…with double-headed arrows.…
Then click and drag to adjust that edge of the region.…
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.