Learn how to properly configure ScreenFlow to live monitor and record your webcam as a dedicated video track for your screencast.
- ScreenFlow can capture the video from your built-in…FaceTime camera or a webcam as a separate dedicated track…by checking the Record Video From box here…and then selecting your camera from the drop-down menu.…Since my computer is outside of my booth,…I'll select my webcam.…You get a preview of your camera in this window,…but during the recording, this window is going to go away.…So if you have a second display,…open your recording monitor for a live preview.…
There's also a drop-down menu here…that let's you select the recording dimensions…for your camera.…I'll set mine to 1280 by 720…which will match my project settings.…Then, when you're ready to record, press the record button.…Hi and welcome to the Ed Tech Garage.…On this week's episode, we're going to be talking…about video-based production using ScreenFlow.…You won't want to miss it, so stay tuned.…
Then, press Command + Shift + two to stop the recording…and then close your recording monitor.…Your webcam is captured on a dedicated track…and the audio from your microphone is attached…
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.