We all make mistakes. In this video, learn the most common types of edits you need to make to clean up a raw recording, and learn about making trim and split edits.
- [Instructor] Now that we have our first screen recording…let's explore some of the most common types of edits.…If you're following along I'm in the tour finder document…that we recorded in the last movie.…In the timeline we have two clips…stacked on top of each other.…The top clip is the audio recorded from our microphone…and the bottom clip is the screen recording…from our desktop.…At the front of each clip is a large icon…that identifies the content on that clip…as being either audio or video.…
When editing most screencast content…begin by focusing first on the audio…and then on the video.…In this clip you can clearly see the audio waveform,…but to get a better view of the beginning of the clip…let's turn off the clip's icon…by clicking on the thumbnails button…here in the lower right of the screen,…and then drag the zoom slider to the right…to get a better view of the wave form.…Now let's play back our entire clip…to see what changes we may want to make.…Watch the waveform as the playhead moves over them…and make mental notes of where you think…
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.