Learn how to customize your dedicated recording account to remove distracting user interface elements to allow your learners to focus on your content. Also, learn secret UI customization tricks to make editing your screencast easier.
- [Instructor] Now that we have our…dedicated recording account, let's customize it,…so our viewers can focus on our content,…and not on distracting elements on our screen.…I'll also share with you the settings that I use…to make the editing process with ScreenFlow,…go a lot smoother.…Let's begin by going up to the Apple menu,…selecting system preferences,…and then clicking on desktop and screen saver.…The desktop pattern that you choose…for your screen recordings,…can make big difference in the message…that you're trying to convey in your recordings.…
For instance, if I'm recording a movie…about the new operating system,…then I'll want to use the default background,…for that system release.…So that my viewers have a visual cue, that says,…hey, this movie is for this operating system.…However, detailed and photographic backgrounds…can be distracting to the viewers,…as their eye is drawn to the visual elements of the picture,…rather then on what you want to direct their focus to.…Therefore, click on the Solid Colors,…
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.