Transitions can help smooth over the rough jump cuts of your movie. Learn how to create transitions and explore the hidden transitions browser to unlock hidden features of each transition to control the exact look you want.
- [Instructor] When two clips are…placed next to each other in the timeline,…then the video appears to jump from one clip to the next.…This is commonly referred to as a jump cut,…but we can smooth that jump out by adding a transition.…If you're following along, I'm in the…transitions project where I've inserted…an intro slide at the beginning of my movie.…Creating a transition in ScreenFlow is one of…those features that is extremely well-executed.…You create a transition by dragging one clip…into and then over top of another clip.…
A small heads up display will appear, letting…you know how long that transition is taking place for.…This transition is currently taking half a second.…You can slow down a transition…by dragging further into the clip,…or speed up a transition by shortening up the time.…I think a transition of about a half second feels…right for going from static content to dynamic content.…To get even more control over your…transition, move your mouse over top…of the transition and then a small gear icon will appear.…
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.