Learn how to add text to your screencast as a title or build an animated lower third to highlight information to your viewer.
- [Instructor] ScreenFlow has a robust set of text tools…for creating titles, lower thirds,…and general text-based annotations.…If you're following along, I'm in the text project…where we need to create a custom lower third graphic…for this movie.…Now the text properties panel is used to create…and style text boxes.…You create a text box by clicking the plus button…at the top of the panel.…A new five second clip is added to the next available…track in your timeline, and it begins where your scrubber…is currently located.…
You can then double click on the text to select it…in the canvas, and then type in your new text.…I'll enter using tabs, then deselect the text box…and reposition it in the lower third, and stretch…the two ends of the text box out.…Next, triple click on either of the words…to select all of the text.…And then let's use the text properties panel…to set the font.…I'll set mine to Futura.…Then set the font size, I'll set mine to 72,…and the alignment, you can align your text to the left,…center, or right side of the text box.…
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.