Learn how to create a dedicated screencast recording account on your Mac so that you are already ready to record a screencast without distractions.
- [Instructor] Now before we dive in…to recording with ScreenFlow,…it's a good idea to get started by removing…any unnecessary distractions from your computer.…And this will help both you and your viewers…focus on your content,…rather than being distracted by what's on your screen.…Now there are two major approaches that you can take here.…The simplest is to make a quick cleanup…of your normal user account on your computer.…You could, for example, click on your Desktop,…and then press Command + Shift + N to create a new folder,…and call this something like Desktop Stuff.…
Then press Command + A to select everything on your desktop.…Then hold down the Command Key to Deselect…that Desktop Stuff folder,…and drag everything into that folder.…This will quickly remove the distractions…of the piles of files that litter most of our desktops,…and still leave you with the ability…to show and work with files on your desktop…that you want your viewers to see.…In a later movie, I'll show you how to use ScreenFlow…to hide all files on your desktop automatically.…
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.