Learn how to create a closed caption track and create captions that are ADA compliant. Then, learn the tricks to import captions created by third party transcription services or autogenerate them from YouTube.
- [Instructor] Let's have a look at how to create captions…with your movie for Screen Flow.…If you're following along, I'm in the Captions Project.…Adding captions to your movie…will ensure that your content can be found and viewed…by the largest possible audience.…Now this critical step in the production process…only takes a few minutes,…but it is far too often overlooked.…If you're producing content for education,…state, or federal agencies,…then your content must be captioned…to be in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act…also known as the ADA,…regardless of who your target audience is.…
If you want people to find your content,…then adding a captions track is the best way to do that,…since all the major search engines use…captions for videos…as a primary tool for indexing content.…Now, if there is a captions track on your video,…then more people are going to be able to find your movie,…and be able to watch it.…There are 3 primary ways that you can handle…the creation of captions for your movie.…
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.