Learn how to draw your viewers' focus to a specific region of your screen by adding a callout with ScreenFlow. Learn how to focus on the mouse or a window, or paint a custom callout region of the screen.
- [Instructor] Now, let's shift our focus…to drawing our viewer's attention to exactly…what you want them to focus on.…And we'll do that with callouts, annotations, and text.…If you're following along, I'm in the callout project…where I have a short clip of screen captured footage…recorded with screen flow.…The callout properties panel has a set of controls…that can only be applied to an action…rather than to an entire clip.…As we've seen with most of the other property panels…throughout this course.…Now, the sole purpose of a callout is to draw your viewers…focus to a specific area of the scene.…
That may be a cursor, a window, a menu, or any…region of the screen where you want their eyes…to focus on.…You always begin by adding a callout action…to a selected clip.…Then, choose one of the three types of highlights;…mouse cursor, fore ground window, or free hand.…All of these highlights cover the entire canvas…with a semi-transparent overlay and a window…that's been cut out of the overlay…around the type of highlight that you select.…
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.