Learn how to use the primitive drawing tools in ScreenFlow to create basic shapes to highlight, block out, or blur a region.
- [Instructor] ScreenFlow includes a set…of primitive drawing tools in the annotations…panel that you can use to draw your viewer's attention.…If you're following along, I'm in the annotations project.…Unlike all of the other property panels…that we've seen thus far, annotations become…their own clip and you add an annotation…by clicking at the plus button at the top of the panel.…ScreenFlow will then create a new five second…clip that begins at your scrubber's current…location, and on the next available track.…You then need to select the type of…primitive shape that you want to create.…
You can create an arrow, a line, a solid…rectangle, a hollow rectangle, or a hollow ellipse.…I'll select the arrow, then click and drag…to create the shape on your canvas.…The arrow primitive is created between two control points.…You can click and drag on these control points…to change the length or direction of the arrow…and you can click on the line to change its position.…These options allow you to control the look of your shape.…
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.