The canvas is the visual layout of your video. In this video, learn how to unlock all of the hidden features of the canvas that you need to be an efficient editor.
- [Tutor] In the canvas,…your clips are represented as objects…and this is where you can visually manipulate…and place those objects in your scene.…If you're following along,…I'm in the canvas project.…This central portion of your canvas…is called your output frame…and I like to think of this as my stage.…Anything that appears inside of this frame,…will appear in your final movie.…This gray area that's outside of this frame…is called your canvas work area.…Think of this as the area just offstage…where your actors might be entering…or exiting your stage from.…
Now the first step in manipulating an object…on the canvas is to select it.…You can click on an object to select it…and you should get these selection handles…that appear around the outside of the object.…Clicking on another object will shift the selection.…However, if you have a clip selected…and the new clip that you want to select…is completely surrounded by another selected clip…as I have here,…then you'll need to click on the new clip…in your timeline, or deselect the initial selection first…
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.