The best microphone in the world won't make you sound your best unless you properly calibrate the mic for your voice in your room. Learn how to dial in your audio settings like a pro.
- [Narrator] We can all forgive imperfect video,…but we can't tolerate bad audio.…Perfection is not what we're after.…What you need to strive for is good, clean audio…for all of your recordings.…Now the very first step in capturing good, clean…recordings of your voice is to calibrate your microphone.…This is sometimes called setting your levels.…Skipping this step is where everyone at one point…or another has gone wrong.…The process is very simple and it only takes a few seconds…to verify after the first time in a new location.…
Begin by going to the Apple menu and opening your system…preferences, and then selecting the sound panel.…And make sure you're on the input tab.…This is where you'll select which microphone…your Mac is listening to.…Your list of inputs may not match mine exactly,…but nearly all Macs will have a listing…for the internal microphone and line in.…More than likely one of these two…options is currently selected.…If you haven't done so already, plug your USB microphone…directly into your computer, and try to avoid plugging…
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.