ScreenFlow records more than just a picture of your screen, it also captures data about your Mac during recording. Learn how to manipulate this data by changing the look of your mouse and creating callouts for specific windows or interface elements.
- [Instructor] If you're creating instructional…screencasts with ScreenFlow,…then you'll want to take advantage of the Screen Recording…properties panel.…If you're following along,…I'm in the Enhancing Instruction project,…where I have some clips that were recorded with ScreenFlow,…and I'll select the first clip.…The options in the Screen Recording properties panel…will only work on screen-based content,…recorded with ScreenFlow.…Therefore, if you have footage recorded by another program,…or that you've extracted from a camera,…then these options will not be available for those clips.…
When ScreenFlow records your screen,…it does more than just record a picture of your screen,…it keeps track of the position of your mouse,…where you click, and any keys that you press…during the recording.…These data are automatically stored…as part of the recording, and this panel…gives you the ability to manipulate those data.…For instance, here you can see the mouse pointer.…But, if you uncheck the Show Mouse Pointer box,…the pointer will disappear.…
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.