One of the most powerful tricks you can learn to use for screencast editing is adding a freeze frame of your video. Learn the basics of creating this effect and how to use it to mask out regions of your screen that you want to hide from your viewer.
- [Instructor] When editing a screencast,…you'll likely find yourself needing to pause…visuals on screen to catch up to the dialogue…or to cover some other content on screen.…You can do this by inserting a freeze frame.…If you're following along,…I'm in the freeze frame project.…In the original take,…I completed the actions on screen,…but I tripped over my words.…And then when I rephrased the content,…the rephrase took longer to deliver the line…than the original footage.…After making the edit,…a gap has been left in the video track.…
To close this gap and to keep…the downstream audio in sync with the video,…we can insert a freeze frame…by selecting the outgoing video clip…and then jumping our play head…down to that last frame.…Then go up to the edit menu…and select add freeze frame…or press command shift F.…ScreenFlow then inserts a new two second long clip…that consists of a single image…that's captured of the selected frame.…You can then trim this clip…and adjust any other clips as needed…to fill the gap.…
If you look up in the menu bar,…
- Working with the ScreenFlow user interface
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Creating recordings
- Recording an iOS device
- Video and audio editing basics
- Creating accessible caption tracks
- Creating animations
- Adding motion to clips
- Using annotation
- Exporting and sharing your movies
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Learning How to Increase Learner Engagementwith Karl Kapp41m 35s Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing with ScreenFlow
4. Audio and Video FX
5. Using Annotation
6. Exporting and Sharing Your Movies
Next steps2m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.