You are not required to have any previous training with FARO software or 3D laser scan registration operations. It is supportive to have a working knowledge of 3D CAD platforms or a background in working with 3D model data to more easily understand some of the concepts this course will be covering. However this is not required.
- [Instructor] What you should know about this course. There are a few prerequisites that I would suggest that you have before you start. First, some basic understanding of how to work in 3D software, what navigation may feel like, and viewing 3D data from different vantage points will really help you to be successful throughout this course. It's not a requirement, but it sure will help. Having some experience in managing large data files. FARO SCENE produces really massive data files and the FARO hardware does as well, so having enough hard drive space and the understanding of how to manage that and store that data will be helpful, as well.
Having a computer than can meet or exceed the requirements for using FARO SCENE software. If you have that, at least the eight gigs of RAM that's required, or more will be just so helpful for you in this process. I recommend having at least 64 gigs of RAM when you're working with large datasets, because if you have much less than that, it's going to take a lot longer to process the data. But, you can get away with the minimum requirements and still have some success with smaller datasets. The last prerequisite I can recommend is that you have an eye for noticing details, at least on some level.
And of course, having patience, patience, patience. FARO takes a lot of time to process data so you'll set parameters and then you'll wait maybe several minutes or even a couple of hours to see what happens from that process. And so it's going to take some time to work through. But if you have persistence and some patience, you're going to see some awesome results. So let's get to it, I look forward to working with you.
- Using tools and menus
- Creating a FARO SCENE project
- 3D laser scan registration and quality control
- Navigation controls for viewing in 2D and 3D
- Visualizing point clouds
- Manually color correcting your scans
- Creating meshes
- Point cloud exporting options and applications
- Using FARO SCENE data in third-party software