Explore a comprehensive workflow for 3D laser scan processing, registration, and quality control using FARO SCENE software.
- If you think 3D technology is incredibly useful to visualize complex ideas, get your stakeholders engaged, bring ideas and people together, is just super cool, you've come to the right course. Welcome to the FARO Scene 3D Laser Scan Registration course. We'll be taking a deep look into this incredible technology of 3D laser scanning, and how to create 3D point models or point clouds of buildings, sculptures, or anything else you can think of using FARO scanners and software. I'm Paul Tice, and I've been working with 3D laser scanning hardware and software for several years.
When I first saw this technology I knew then and there this is what I wanted to do for a career. It blew me away to see how fast these devices could make a realistic, measurable representation of just about anything in front of it. I'm really glad to be offering to you what I've learned through experience, and I hope you'll become an excited person like I am about this possibility of working with this technology as I was many years ago. In this course you'll find that many of the principles I talk about with registering 3D laser scans together translates into other registration software packages. Even if you're using some other brand, this course can still help you.
We'll cover everything in FARO Scene registration software from scratch, including creating your first project, processing and registering scans, and we'll work through especially tricky projects using advanced registration techniques. We'll cover how to visualize your 3D scans in compelling and useful ways. You'll learn how to convert 3D scans into 3D models that can be used for AR and VR applications among other applications. Welcome to 3D laser scan technology. I'm looking forward to guiding you into the future.
- Using tools and menus
- Creating a FARO SCENE project
- 3D laser scan registration and quality control
- Navigation controls for viewing in 2D and 3D
- Visualizing point clouds
- Manually color correcting your scans
- Creating meshes
- Point cloud exporting options and applications
- Using FARO SCENE data in third-party software