A Scala worksheet is a tool that can be used in the Scala IDE to provide instant feedback on your Scala code. The worksheet automatically invokes the Scala interpreter every time the file is saved and provides the results immediately on the right side of the worksheet
- A really nice feature of Scala…is that it provides several ways…to code and test our programs.…One option is using and IDE where we can create…what they call a Scala worksheet.…A worksheet in the Scala IDE automatically invokes…the Scala interpreter and is going…to provide us with realtime feedback.…Let's get started.…We're going to start by creating a new project.…I'll go to File > New > Scala Project…and I'm going to call my project WorksheetExample.…
Notice I don't put any spaces in my name…and I'm going to click Finish.…Now if I expand worksheet example you'll see an src package.…I'm going to right-click on that, go to New,…and all the way down towards the bottom…you should have Scala worksheet.…I'm going to call this worksheet1 and click Finish.…Let me minimize the package explorer,…as well as the Outline view,…so we can see the entire worksheet.…Because what's nice about a Scala worksheet is that…as we type in statements inside of our worksheet…on the right-hand side it prints out the output.…
Every time we save it, it will automatically compile,…
Join Peggy Fisher as she helps get you started with Scala, so you can leverage the unique capabilities it offers. First, learn the basics of type inference, variables, loops, functions, and operators. Then, find out how to read files using a console, perform pattern matching, handle exceptions, and more. Finally, learn how to use classes, fields, methods, and objects.
- Integrating with IDEs
- Scala worksheets
- Scala repl sessions
- Type inference
- Creating variables
- Working with loops
- Higher-order functions
- Scala operators
- Working with decision statements
- Handling exceptions using try or catch
- Working with tuples and arrays
- Classes, fields, and methods
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Platforms Compared: SE vs EE vs MEwith Peggy Fisher25m 38s Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Scala
2. Scala Basics
3. More Scala Basics
4. Objects with Scala
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.