A well-written web service or API that no one knows how to use is not worth much. Proper documentation is an integral part of any RESTful web service.
- [Instructor] Welcome to Section 5.…In the previous section, we have discussed…about security, a very important aspect…of any REST(ful) web Services or API.…In this section, we're going to learn…about an equally important topic…of how to provide the documentation…for your REST(ful) web services and APIs.…In this section, we will start off…by looking at the standard methods…and best practices for documenting…REST(ful) web services and APIs.…As we will see, there are quite a lot…of options out there.…
But we are going fix our choice upon Swagger.…In the rest of the section, we are going to discuss…different Swagger specifications,…the ways to integrate Swagger with the framework…or library of your choice,…and the terrific Swagger UI project.…Now we are moving on to the first video…of this section, where we are going…to have an introduction into the Swagger project…and different techniques…to document web services and APIs.…In this video, we are going to take a look…at some most widely used specifications…and tools that are helpful for generating…
Embark on an exciting journey into the universe of web development using the Scala programming language and frameworks—natural choices for back-end developers building highly scalable, reliable, and reactive RESTful web services and APIs. This training is the starting point for mastering the nonblocking and asynchronous programming models that lie in the heart of the Spray framework. It starts with an introduction to the REST architecture. Then switch gears to the Akka toolkit and framework, building a sample book catalog application along the way.
Once you've learned about the REST architectural style and Actor model—the foundations that the Spray framework is built upon—you'll shape out your own RESTful web services by providing simple route definitions. Further on in the course, author Andriy Redko delves into authentication and authorization, secure transport, documentation, testing, and caching support. Finally, you will learn how to develop the Spray client API to call external web services.
- The Actor model and Akka framework
- RESTful architecture principles and constraints
- Building RESTful services
- Core Spray framework modules such as spray-can, spray-routing, spray-json, spray-caching, and spray-client
- Securing RESTful web services and APIs with Spray
- Configuring Spray applications with HTTPS support
- Documenting Spray RESTful web services using Swagger
- Caching basics
- Calling external RESTful services