Receive a summary of key features when using Scala with Spark.
- [Instructor] Let's summarize some of the key facts…about Scala and Spark RDDs.…RDDs are distributed data structures.…That means they run across multiple nodes.…Now single-node clusters, like we're using here,…are useful for development and test,…but in big data production environments, you should consider…running multiple nodes in your Spark cluster.…
Dan also focuses on using Scala with Spark, a distributed processing platform. He first describes how to work with Resilient Distributed Datasets (RDDs)—a fundamental Spark data structure—and then explains how to use Scala with Spark DataFrames, a new class of data structure specially designed for analytic processing. He wraps up the course by providing a summary of advantages of using Scala for data science.
- The advantages of Scala for data science
- Scala data types
- Scala arrays, vectors, and ranges
- Parallel processing in Scala
- Mapping functions over parallel collections
- When and when not to use parallel collections
- Using SQL in Scala
- Scala and Spark RDDs
- Scala and Spark DataFrames
- Creating DataFrames
Skill Level Intermediate
Java for Data Scientists Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly2h 43m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Scala
2. Parallel Processing in Scala
3. Using SQL in Scala
4. Scala and Spark RDDs
5. Scala and Spark DataFrames
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.