This video is used to wrap up this series on Scala Essential Training and encourages members to continue to check out your library for addition training videos related to Scala.
- [Instructor] Congratulations,…you just finished my introduction to Scala…with the Scala Essential Training course.…What do you think of Scala?…If this was your first introduction to programming,…or even if you already knew a programming language…like Java or C++, I hope you were able to enjoy this course.…We covered a lot of information…with challenges along the way.…There are many other great videos here in our library…to continue expanding your programming skills…so make sure to take some time to check them out.…Thanks again for your time and I hope to see you again soon.…
Join Peggy Fisher as she helps get you started with Scala, so you can leverage the unique capabilities it offers. First, learn the basics of type inference, variables, loops, functions, and operators. Then, find out how to read files using a console, perform pattern matching, handle exceptions, and more. Finally, learn how to use classes, fields, methods, and objects.
- Integrating with IDEs
- Scala worksheets
- Scala repl sessions
- Type inference
- Creating variables
- Working with loops
- Higher-order functions
- Scala operators
- Working with decision statements
- Handling exceptions using try or catch
- Working with tuples and arrays
- Classes, fields, and methods
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Platforms Compared: SE vs EE vs MEwith Peggy Fisher25m 38s Intermediate
Scala Essential Training for Data Sciencewith Dan Sullivan1h 51m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Scala
2. Scala Basics
3. More Scala Basics
4. Objects with Scala
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.