With its increased popularity, Scala is now integrated with some of the popular IDEs such as NetBeans, IntelliJ, and Eclipse. For this course, I have chosen The Scala IDE for Eclipse.
- [Narrator] With Scala's increased popularity,…Scala is now integrated with some of the popular IDEs…such as NetBeans, IntelliJ, and even Eclipse.…For this course, I have chose the Scala IDE for Eclipse,…located here at the website, scala-ide.org.…From here, I'm going to click on, Download IDE.…I scroll down, I can click on Download IDE for Windows 64.…If you're running Mac, you'd want to on the click…on the Mac OSX.…If you're wanting Linux, you'd want to choose Linux download.…
And you can see here, the requirements are JDK 8,…which we already took care of.…So, I'm going to download the IDE and click Save.…Once the download is complete, I'm going to click on Open,…because it downloaded a zip file.…From here, I'll click on Eclipse and say Extract All.…I'm going to leave the default folder.…Now, if I double-click on Eclipse again, we'll see the icon…for the Eclipse application.…So, let's go ahead and launch Eclipse.…
I'm going to click Run.…The newest version of Eclipse is Eclipse Neon.…Now, I'm going to change my workspace…
Join Peggy Fisher as she helps get you started with Scala, so you can leverage the unique capabilities it offers. First, learn the basics of type inference, variables, loops, functions, and operators. Then, find out how to read files using a console, perform pattern matching, handle exceptions, and more. Finally, learn how to use classes, fields, methods, and objects.
- Integrating with IDEs
- Scala worksheets
- Scala repl sessions
- Type inference
- Creating variables
- Working with loops
- Higher-order functions
- Scala operators
- Working with decision statements
- Handling exceptions using try or catch
- Working with tuples and arrays
- Classes, fields, and methods
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Platforms Compared: SE vs EE vs MEwith Peggy Fisher25m 38s Intermediate
Scala Essential Training for Data Sciencewith Dan Sullivan1h 51m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Scala
2. Scala Basics
3. More Scala Basics
4. Objects with Scala
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.