Join Nick Harauz for an in-depth discussion in this video Using dissolve and wipe-based effects, part of Sapphire for Video Editors.
- [Instructor] So in the last movie…we got familiar with some of the Sapphire transitions…available to us in Premiere Pro.…Along with using the S Transition Effect…under the Sapphire Builder category,…to see almost every single transitional preset…available for us within Sapphire.…The truth of the matter is,…there are really only two types of transitions,…and everything else is an offset of that.…So there's dissolves and there's wipes.…And Sapphire, if we look under the Transition category,…is pretty much divided into those two categories.…
In fact, several of the Sapphire effects…start with the word Dissolve.…We scroll down, several of the Sapphire effects…start with the word Wipe.…And in any type of media,…minus if it's a straight cut between clips,…these are the types of transitions…that are used or applied in your video projects.…As an example, you might use a dissolve,…or what's known as a cross dissolve.…You used a dissolve…to basically say that there was a time switch…between your two or various elements in your film.…
- Getting started with Sapphire
- Essential parameters
- Working with presets
- Adding transitions
- Creating photo-realistic lens flares
- Adding backgrounds and textures
- Building custom effects
- Working with Mocha
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: LUTs and Look Fileswith Richard Harrington1h 30m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro Guru: Closed & Open Caption Workflowswith Jeff I. Greenberg45m 34s Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
1. Up and Running with Sapphire
2. Using Sapphire Transitions
Build your own transition8m 19s
3. It's All about the Lighting
4. Blur, Beauty, Stylize, and Distort
5. Backgrounds and Textures
6. Unleashing Sapphire
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.