- Getting started with Sapphire
- Essential parameters
- Working with presets
- Adding transitions
- Creating photo-realistic lens flares
- Adding backgrounds and textures
- Building custom effects
- Working with Mocha
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Nick] Hi, my name is Nick Harauz. I'm a professional video editor and motion graphic designer. Welcome to Sapphire Visual Effects for Video Editors. Sapphire, available from Boris FX, is an incredibly diverse set of effects and transitions that extend the capabilities of your NLE along with providing quick and efficient ways to perform various creative tasks. The best part about this tool set is that it's cross-platform, allowing for seamless workflows across applications ranging from video editing, motion graphics, VFX, and color correction.
In this course, we're going to explore working with Sapphire from a video editor's perspective. We'll walk through the basics of how every Sapphire effect is set up as well as how you can access thousands of presets as a starting point in your creative journey. We'll continue by exploring specific and popular categories, learn how to use the integrated Mocha planar tracking engine to take effects further, and lastly see how Sapphire is used in real-world scenarios. By the end of this course, you'll have a solid understanding of working with Sapphire in Premier Pro and beyond to give your next project endless possibilities.
Premiere Pro Guru: LUTs and Look Fileswith Richard Harrington1h 30m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro Guru: Closed & Open Caption Workflowswith Jeff I. Greenberg45m 34s Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
1. Up and Running with Sapphire
2. Using Sapphire Transitions
Build your own transition8m 19s
3. It's All about the Lighting
4. Blur, Beauty, Stylize, and Distort
5. Backgrounds and Textures
6. Unleashing Sapphire
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.