Join Nick Harauz for an in-depth discussion in this video Options for Blur, part of Sapphire for Video Editors.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we're here to talk about…some of the blur options that are available from Sapphire.…A great way to find that is…if you go to your Effects tab here,…I'm in my Effects workspace,…and I'm in my Chapter 4_1 sequence.…Scroll to Video Effects, and from there,…I'm going to go into my Sapphire Blur + Sharpen category.…I'm going to just select S_Blur to begin,…because this is a pretty powerful effect.…Once I apply that to the clip,…you can see that it's gone blurry.…Now I'm just going to press Shift + 5.…Like all effects, you can always start with a preset.…
What's really cool about this type of blur from Sapphire…is that there is some color correction…as well as glow that is mixed into it…to create some really interesting effects,…as well as you have control over both the X and Y glow…to create vertical glow, let's say, on a particular axis…or a horizontal glow on another axis.…Whatever it is, you can pick one of these…presets to start from.…Going to cancel out of there.…Just going here, you have the option of blurring a color…
- Getting started with Sapphire
- Essential parameters
- Working with presets
- Adding transitions
- Creating photo-realistic lens flares
- Adding backgrounds and textures
- Building custom effects
- Working with Mocha
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: LUTs and Look Fileswith Richard Harrington1h 30m Appropriate for all
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
1. Up and Running with Sapphire
2. Using Sapphire Transitions
Build your own transition8m 19s
3. It's All about the Lighting
4. Blur, Beauty, Stylize, and Distort
5. Backgrounds and Textures
6. Unleashing Sapphire
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.