Join Nick Harauz for an in-depth discussion in this video Looking at lens flares, part of Sapphire for Video Editors.
- [Instructor] Finishing off our exploration…of the Sapphire Lighting category,…we're going to take a look at S_LensFlare.…So I have my Chapter 3_4 sequence opened up,…from my Chapter 3 bin, inside the Exercise folder,…that you can find in the project panel.…I go to the Effects tab, Shift + 7 to bring that up,…or you can go to your Effects workspace.…I'm going to do a search for s_lens,…bring up two lens flare effects.…The lens flare is what we're going to look at now.…We'll see the lens flare on a track,…and how we can use that with Mocha a little bit later.…I'm going to drag this onto the clip.…And a lens flare comes on top of the image.…
If I press Shift + 5, I go to my Effect Controls.…I'm going to select the S_LensFlare by its name.…And then just reposition my lens flare,…directly in the program monitor.…And you'll see that there are two controls…that I'm effecting, the Pivot XY here, at the bottom.…And you can see, at the top,…I'm playing with the Hotspot's location.…We can play with these parameters,…but I highly recommend loading a preset to start.…
- Getting started with Sapphire
- Essential parameters
- Working with presets
- Adding transitions
- Creating photo-realistic lens flares
- Adding backgrounds and textures
- Building custom effects
- Working with Mocha
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: LUTs and Look Fileswith Richard Harrington1h 30m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
1. Up and Running with Sapphire
2. Using Sapphire Transitions
3. It's All about the Lighting
4. Blur, Beauty, Stylize, and Distort
5. Backgrounds and Textures
6. Unleashing Sapphire
7. Nighttime Adventures and VFX
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.