Join Nick Harauz for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to time-based effects, part of Sapphire for Video Editors.
- [Instructor] This movie has everything to do with time.…It's not a pun.…I know that we're dealing with video editing,…but it does have everything to do with Sapphire's time,…and the effects you have to work with time from Sapphire.…I'm here in my Chapter 6_5 sequence…which you can find in your Chapter 6 bin…under the exercise bin.…One thing that we need to know is that…Sapphire is used for many platforms,…so some of the effects aren't something that you would use…as a Premiere Pro editor…'cause they are built into Premiere Pro,…such as wonderful effects to slow down…and speed up and reverse your footage…by using the retime editor…or pressing control R.…
However, one other interesting thing about time…is that it often goes overlooked…in the Sapphire effects.…And that is, if I go to the video effects category,…all Sapphire time effects, in particular,…every one minus one of them, Flicker,…doesn't show up in terms of being able to…preview that effect,…whether it be in Builder,…whether it be in your library of presets…
- Getting started with Sapphire
- Essential parameters
- Working with presets
- Adding transitions
- Creating photo-realistic lens flares
- Adding backgrounds and textures
- Building custom effects
- Working with Mocha
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: LUTs and Look Fileswith Richard Harrington1h 30m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro Guru: Closed & Open Caption Workflowswith Jeff I. Greenberg45m 34s Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
1. Up and Running with Sapphire
2. Using Sapphire Transitions
Build your own transition8m 19s
3. It's All about the Lighting
4. Blur, Beauty, Stylize, and Distort
5. Backgrounds and Textures
6. Unleashing Sapphire
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.